Fifth Ordinary Session of the African Ministerial Conference on Meteorology (AMCOMET-5)
The fifth Ordinary Session of the African Ministerial Conference on Meteorology (AMCOMET-5) took place virtually on 17 March 2021. The Ministerial Session was preceded by the experts’ segment on 16 March 2021. During the experts’ segment, the revised integrated African strategy on meteorology (Weather and Climate Services) was presented and validated. The experts also prepared the draft Ministerial Declaration for consideration and for endorsement by the Honourable Ministers together with the validated strategy.
The main objectives of the AMCOMET-5 session were to:
- receive reports from the AMCOMET Secretariat on matters arising from AMCOMET-4;
- consider and endorse the revised integrated African strategy on meteorology (Weather and Climate Services);
- elect the new AMCOMET Bureau;
- consider other pertinent issues that have emerged since the fourth AMCOMET Session, and
- adopt the Ministerial Declaration.
The outcomes of the session will be submitted to the African Union Specialized Technical Committee on Agriculture, Rural Development, Water and Environment (ARDWE) which is scheduled to take place in October 2021.